state of js implementations, 2014 edition

9 December 2014 10:29 AM (javascript | v8 | jsc | spidermonkey | igalia | webengineshackfest)

I gave a short talk about the state of JavaScript implementations this year at the Web Engines Hackfest.

29 minutes, vorbis or mp3; slides (PDF)

The talk goes over a bit of the history of JS implementations, with a focus on performance and architecture. It then moves on to talk about what happened in 2014 and some ideas about where 2015 might be going. Have a look if that's a thing you are in to. Thanks to Adobe, Collabora, and Igalia for sponsoring the event.

1. Hugo says:

Did you see the embeddable JS interpreter Duktape? Follows lua in spirit. (http://duktape.org/)

Super trivial to embed - if only it would perform like LuaJIT ;)

2. William ML Leslie says:

That was touching, wingo. I mean, I tiered up.

3. Ricky Youngblood says:

This is crazziness. Then, what else to expect from a man that sits down with a friend's orielly javascript book and then stands up two hours later to pronounce "I just learned javascript!"

4. lucky-patcher.co says:

I want to express my admiration of your writing skill and ability to make readers read from the beginning to the end. I would like to read newer posts and to share my thoughts with you
    Good topic and has some fresh information on the subject. I am interested in this field of discussion and I have always been demanding reading blog posts like this, anyway I so good issues like this.

5. lucky-patcher.co says:

6. Seven Deadly Sins Season 2 says:

7. Adaway Apk says:

Did you see the embeddable JS interpreter Duktape? Follows lua in spirit.

8. vidmate apk says:

This is crazziness. Then, what else to expect from a man that sits . nice

9. vidmate says:

nice article..

10. http://liteblue.me/ says:

begin a new session. You will certainly be triggered to enter It is advised that you use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your web internet browser.

11. Dissertation Help UK says:

I wish to learn more recent posts and to share my ideas with you good matter and has some fresh information on the subject.

12. liteblue login says:

LiteBlue.USPS.gov Portal is the internet web-site link where all USPS employees could log on and access the LiteBlue online, which is a part of the United States Postal Service Extranet.

13. liteblue says:

Liteblue is the official employee login portal of the United States Postal Service.

14. liteblue usps says:

15. wps connects says:

connect all your wifi networks with wps connect appk. Download and install the application

16. Vocational School Financing says:

The worst part of it was that the software only worked intermittently and the data was not accurate. You obviously canot confront anyone about what you have discovered if the information is not right.