when the mike is in my hand, i'm never hesitant

28 November 2007 3:57 AM (meta | flumotion | work)

flumotion release

6500 lines of changelog. 471 files changed. 28808 lines of source code changed. 88 bugs fixed and enhancement requests closed. This is quite a big release!

It took me a whole day of social hacking to get a Flumotion release out, and I had already finished the release notes the week before. Make my effort worthwhile and go and read them, they possess mild entertainment value.

meta

My last post was the 200th since I started interweb-writing back in May of 2002. Base-ten wraparounds conventionally lead to a taking of stock. Here we are.

If belly-button lint appreciation is not to your taste, I advise the kind reader to press the "back" button. Otherwise, here we are still. The original entry is short:

What up ya'll. I've been looking at advogato recently, and seeing my co-hackers thomasvs, Uraeus, and hadess posting here all the time made me jealous, so here I am too.

summertime... and the living is easy.

Not all that much has changed since then, aside from my abandoment of thomasvs-style typographical conventions. While I'm obtuse at times, it's still the gratification of writing for an audience that is my main motivation.

Regarding comments, I admit that they please me greatly. Granted, there was a time in which whatever I would write about, someone would comment, nagging about something that I should be doing. That was not so nice. But now (should I admit this?), when I post, I do check in more or more frequently to see if anyone has commented. Instinctual, perhaps unhealthy, but still, here we are.

I'm not so popular that other people write comments trying to boast about their own accomplishments, troll, flame, or whatever Spolsky was complaining about a few months ago. The majority of commenters contribute positively. So thanks folks, it's appreciated.

In summary, thanks for reading. If my writings are not to your taste, and I appear on some aggregator you read, please ignore my entries. Otherwise, the world's our oyster!

1. iain says:

Scheme sucks
    You suck
    And I've written Gnome-cd!
    happy now?

2. Abdulaziz Ghuloum says:

Andy,

I read your blog and that's not because you mentioned Ikarus ;). It's actually touches on pretty fun variety of topics in a, say, friendly way. It's like listening to one of the cool friends around here talking about what they did this week. Actually, too bad we didn't really meet in Frieburg this year. Maybe next year in British Colombia.
    So, keep on writing and happy hacking.

Aziz,,,

3. Ricky Youngblood says:

Comment.

4. kilbil says:

Nice Post
    [url="http://www.google.com"]Nice Post[/url]

5. shanawar wht says:

Online dating sites becomes stylish and more quickly way to learn the proper relationship so that it brings variety of the traffic for the online internet site. At once, it delivers the massive array of the consumer to chat on the online and it's also highly risk-free and faster to have message at almost all the time. seniordatingpersonals

6. shanawar wht says:

The difficulties that bring about the economic collapse connected with 2008-2009 are generally slowly start to return concise where without a thing being completed we’re capable of find ourselves inside the edge from your abyss yet again. microbusinessmaven

7. shanawar wht says:

When someone wanted to pay one to borrow money to get a house could you rush inside? There will have to be a great air regarding caution, definitely, as one thing sounds suspect when banks interest levels on mortgages have become in the particular minus, as could be the case inside Japan. Meaning that the finance institutions are rewarding those who borrow from their website. spark-finance

8. shanawar wht says:

The particular Worldwide Accommodations System high end journey golf club membership can be an alternative so that you can Timeshare control. The membership carries a one-time fee to become listed on and zero recurring charges. cruiseholidaystravelstore

9. shanawar wht says:

Many commercial organizations will at once or one more requirement their particular rocks rekeyed or perhaps renovated. There are many types with the professional Locksmith companies are get wanted to the necessary users inside the Las Vegas from your various specialist ser. thorhealthcareconsulting

11. rom gupta says:
  12. Maria says:
  13. Maria says:

River map of United statesRiver map of United statesRiver map of United statesRiver map of United statesPrintable calendar 2017Printable calendar 2017Printable calendar 2017
    print usa calendars print usa calendars printable templete calendars printable templete calendars printable templete calendars printable templete calendars tenplete printable calendars tenplete printable calendars tenplete printable calendars tenplete printable calendars tenplete printable calendars free printable calendars free printable calendars free printable calendars free printable calendars

printable calendars printable calendars printable calendars printable calendars printable calendars printable calendars printable calendars printable calendars printable calendars printable calendars printable calendars printable calendars printable calendars printable calendars

printable calendars printable calendars printable calendars printable calendars 2017 printable calendars 2017 printable calendars print free calendars printable calendars templeteprintable calendars templete printable calendars templete

This is an excellent post i seen.I have to thanks to you to share it. It is really what I wanted to see hope in future you will continue for sharing such a excellent post.

15. Khamkhya says:

In the U.S. alone tens of thousands of illnesses (and deaths) are reported each year from diseases spread by insect vectors. West Nile Virus (WNV) and Encephalitis are two diseases spread by mosquitoes that can affect humans, pets, livestock, and wild animals. According to the December 2011 report by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), California leads the U.S. with 154 reported WNV cases, resulting in 8 deaths. Bat rabies accounts for approximately one human death per year in the entire U.S.

Bats can be valuable allies as Nature's insect pest control. First, let's dispel a few myths about bats. They are not birds, nor are they rodents. They are fur-bearing, milk producing mammals, like us. They play a key role in maintaining balance in our eco-system by keeping insect populations in check. They are nature's most effective, least expensive, natural pest control. One bat house, that holds 100 Little Brown bats, can potentially consume 100,000 insects per hour! Mexican Free-tailed bats eat hundreds of tons of moth pests (weekly) and a colony of Big Browns can consume tens of millions of cucumber beetle larva in a season. One million Ghost Bats can consume almost 7 tons of insects in a year. Bats can save farmers and foresters billions of dollars annually. Not only do they deserve our protection, urgent and effective efforts towards their conservation is critical, not only for the bats, but for our own livelihood.